What is the Irish Pub Tour de Shore?
· The Irish Pub Tour de Shore is a 65-mile charity bike ride from the Irish Pub in Philadelphia to the original Irish Pub's location in Atlantic City.
What is the date of the Irish Pub Tour de Shore?
· Sunday, July 19, 2014
What time does the Irish Pub Tour de Shore start?
· 7am at the Irish Pub on 2007 Walnut Street in Philadelphia
Where do the funds from the Irish Pub Tour de Shore go?
· The funds from the Irish Pub Tour de Shore benefit children and the families of fallen officers in the Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey Region. Click here to view a complete list of the 2014 Irish Pub Tour de Shore beneficiares.
How do I register?
· Registration will open on March 10th. You can register through the registration button on the home page.
Is there a minimum donation required?
· All riders must raise a minimum of $175 + your registration fee by July 1st to participate.
What happens if I register and do not reach the fundraising minimum?
· In order to participate in the ride, each cyclist must raise a minimum of $175 + your registration fee by July 1st. If you do not reach the minimum you will not be able to partake in the ride.
How do I start my own team?
· It is very simple! When you register you will have the ability to start a team and serve as the team captain or join an existing team.
I registered as an individual and would like to be part of a team, how do I become part of a team?
· That's easy! Email email@example.com and include your name and the team you would like to be placed on.
I forgot my username and password.
· Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-568-5603 to retrieve your username and password.
How do I unsubscribe from e-mail?
· Towards the bottom of each email message there is a link stating, “Click Here to Unsubscribe from this Email Message.” Click this link and follow the instructions given to unsubscribe.
What is a Personal Page?
· A personal page is an online tool for you to use when asking friends and family to join your team or sponsor you. When you sign up for the Irish Pub Tour de Shore, by default, you will have a personal page created for you. You can also link this page to your facebook and twitter to get the word out! Click here to learn more about your fundraising page and how it can help!
How can I see who has donated to me?
· If you look at your personal page, it will list at the bottom the people that have donated to you.
How can I see who is on my team?
· If you click on your team page you can see all of the participants that are on your team.
How do I turn in donations?
· You can donate online using your credit card. If you would like to donate by check or cash you can mail it or bring it to the Irish Pub Children’s Foundation, 2007 Walnut St., Philadelphia PA 19103.
Can I use FedEx, UPS, or Certified Mail to turn in my donations?
· Yes, send them to Irish Pub Children’s Foundation, 2007 Walnut St., Philadelphia PA 19103.
What if my donors need a receipt?
· Each donor receives an automatic receipt after donating by email. If they did not get one, they can email email@example.com and include who they donated to and the amount and we will send them a receipt.
How do I split gifts between multiple riders?
· You cannot split gifts between riders.
Can my matching gifts be used for next year’s bike ride?
· No, matching gifts can only be applied to the same year the contribution was credited. Matching contributions cannot be included in your minimum contribution.
I mailed in my donation but it is not listed on my pledge list.
· Give all donations at least a week to show up on your page. If you still don’t see the donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do to make sure my donations are credited to my account?
· Make sure when your friends and family donate online that they donate to your page. If they are mailing in checks or cash please make sure they put your name in the memo or include a piece of paper that includes your name and the amount. Cash and checks that are received with no specified cyclist will be taken as general donations.
Can I send in donations for more than one cyclist in one envelope?
· Yes, but please specify the dollar amount that is for each cyclist. Cash and checks that are received with no specified cyclist will be taken as general donations.
What happens to the donations if I can no longer participate in the event?
· All registration fees and donations are non-refundable and non-transferable. They will be put towards the general event revenue.
How do I find out what your Tax ID number is?
· Our Tax ID number is 20-8156916.
Are donations tax deductible?
· All donations are tax deductible in the same calendar year your donation was processed to the extent allowed by law. Please work with your tax professional to determine what deductions you are eligible for.
Are registration fees tax deductible?
· Yes, all donations made to The Irish Pub Children’s Foundation are tax deductible.
Can I send a money order or cashier’s check?
· Yes, you can send them to the Irish Pub Children’s Foundation, 2007 Walnut St., Philadelphia PA 19103.
Where is the start location?
· The Irish Pub at 20th and Walnut St.
Where should I park?
· There is metered parking on the street or there are plenty of lots that you can pay for parking. Most parking is free on Sunday, but please read all signs where you park, as some streets are not free.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
· Yes, you have to wear a helmet. When you register for the event you are asked to sign or accept a waiver that states that you will wear a helmet along the route.
Can I ride a mountain bike?
· We do have cyclists that ride mountain bikes. We suggest you get road tires.
Will sunscreen be provided?
· No, at this point we do not have sunscreen donated. Please apply your own sunscreen liberally.
What is the exact route for the event? Is the route the same as last year?
· Click Here to view a cue sheet for the route. This cue sheet will also be in your registration packet. It is the same as last year.
Are there rest stops along the route?
· Yes, there will be four rest stops along the route.
Are there support vehicles along the route and police at busy intersections?
· Yes, there will be bike assistance all along the ride. There will also be bike support at all rest stops. Police will be helping at specific intersections along the route. All police departments have been notified and are aware of our presence in their town.
What if I can’t finish riding?
· If you are unable to finish the ride there will be people along the route that will pick you up and drive you to Atlantic City.
Are the roads closed to cyclists only?
· No, the route is along open roads. Please ride carefully. We do close the Ben Franklin Bridge, but the rest of the route is open to traffic. Please obey traffic laws.
Should I bring my own water?
· There will be water available at the rest stops, but please come prepared with your own water.
How long does the ride usually take to complete?
· Every rider is different; we cannot tell you how long it will take you specifically. Most riders finish in 4-5 hours, however we give you until 2pm to cross the finish line. If you are not finished the ride at 2 pm we will have vehicles to take you to the finish line.
What if it rains?
· The Irish Pub Tour de Shore is a rain or shine event.
Am I allowed to ride a tandem bicycle?
· Yes, you are allowed to ride a tandem. The only requirment is that each ride must register individually. There is no discount for riding a tandem.
How do I get back to the start point?
· We do provide a bus back to the Irish Pub. It is a donation of $20 and will leave after the party between 3:00pm and 4:00pm. You must select this option when you first register.
Do cyclists have to pay for food at the end point?
· No, the food and beverages are free for the cyclists.
My spouse/co-worker/family member doesn’t ride, but wants to help support the event. What can they do?
· We need volunteers! They can register on www.irishpub.donordrive.com to be volunteers or email email@example.com