Fundraising incentives are a way to thank our participants and teams for going above and beyond. For individuals, all fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before Monday, August 14th to qualify.
2023 Individual Fundraising Incentive Prizes
1. Start Now.
The sooner you start asking, the more money you will raise.
2. Develop a list of prospective donors.
Start with your email address book and also think about clubs and organizations you belong to. Your fundraising page allows you to import your entire address book, as well as link your fundraising page to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Then, contact everyone you know. You may be surprised who gives!
3. Customize your personal fundraising page.
The most compelling fundraising pages tell a story about why you are participating. Include photos, videos, and anything you can think of to show your passion and enthusiasm for the ride. Update your fundraising page and your social media accounts, with information about training, progress, or challenges so that your friends and family can stay engaged throughout your fundraising effort. Click here for a guide on how to maximize your personal fundraising page.
4. Don’t be shy about asking.
In addition to sending out emails on your own or through your fundraising page, don’t forget to follow-up. Ask, ask, and ask again at every possible opportunity. Don't be shy about asking more than once. Your enthusiasm will be contagious!
5. Inquire about matching gifts.
Ask your employer if your company offers matching gifts. And remind your friends and family to ask if their employers/companies offer matching gifts. Many matching gifts can take a couple of months for the donor company to process so start early. Matching gifts can increase your fundraising efforts enormously!
6. Social Media, Social Media, Social Media
Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn to update friends on your fundraising progress and provide a direct link to your fundraising page. Use these tools to encourage your friends and family to make a donation. Social media is a great way to stay in front of people without making a 'hard ask'.
7. Get creative and make it fun!
- Ask your boss if you can have a casual Friday, participants must donate $5.
- Add the URL for your fundraising page to your email signature.
- Go to your favorite store and ask if you can put a donation can on their counter.
- Give out "piggy banks" and ask people to save their change (or allowance) for a few weeks.
- Throw a Fundraising Happy Hour! Ask your local bar if you can set up drink specials and have donation cans set up around the bar.
- Click here for more fundraising ideas
- Click here to download a customizable donation letter