The Tour de Shore is a scenic 65-mile bike ride that starts at the Irish Pub at 20th and Walnut Streets in Philadelphia and ends at the original Irish Pub and Inn in Atlantic City. Starting promptly at 7am, riders make their way through Center City, around City Hall and over the Ben Franklin Bridge. Riders then continue on a the back roads of New Jersey, all the way to Atlantic City.
The 2018 route will be similar to the 2017 route. Click here for the 2017 route.
Riders must be off the roads and in Atlantic City by 1:30pm.
If you are still on the roads at 1:30pm, a support vechicle will pick up you and your bike and drive you to the finish line. The time chart below will help you successfully complete the ride.
Start Riding – 7:00 a.m. (17.22 miles to Rest Stop #1)
Rest Stop #1 – arrive by 8:34. (16.38 miles to next Rest Stop)
Rest Stop #2 – arrive by 10:03. (9.3 miles to next Rest Stop)
Rest Stop #3 – arrive by 10:54. (10.32 miles to next Rest Stop)
Rest Stop #4 – arrive by 11:50. (11.78 miles to ATLANTIC CITY!)
Arrive in Atlantic City – (65 miles!) 1:30 p.m. SHARP!
*IF you arrive by set time, you have 8 minutes to refuel in order to promptly make it to the next Rest Stop. (Pace estimated at 11 mph)
All of our rest stops are stocked with water, gatorade, fruit and snacks. We also have first aid and bike support set up at each stop should you have any issues along the way. Please make sure to see one of our certified bike shops prior to the ride to receive your bike safety certification. If you have issues with your bike and do not have the bike inspection tag, you will be seen after those with the tag. To learn more about this, please click here.
REST STOP 1
FOP Lodge 56
235 Pine Ave
REST STOP 2
550 S. Egg Harbor Rd
REST STOP 3
Key Rec Field
Duerer and Buffalo Intersection
Egg Harbor City, NJ
REST STOP 4
Galloway Municipal Complex
300 E. Jimmie Leeds Rd
all of these
locations are run by volunteers and all food and beverages are donated.
Thank you to all of our volunteers who station each rest stop!
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL, DO NOT LITTER AND MAKE SURE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF BEFORE YOU BEGIN RIDING AGAIN.
Map My Ride
We created a MapMyRide route of the Tour de Shore. Follow the instructions below to download the route on your phone.
If you do not have a MapMyRide account:
- Download the MapMyRide App from the App Store on your phone.
- Create an account with your email and information (This is free unless you choose to pay for the MVP membership, which is not required)
Once you have a MapMyRide account & the MapMyRide app on your phone:
- Open the Irish Pub Tour de Shore 2017 link: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1693789457 (If this opens the route on the internet instead of the app, click "open" on the top right corner to open it in the MapMyRide app)
- Press the blue star in the top right corner to bookmark the route. (This is important to be able to find the route later)
- Press the "do it" button in the top right corner to show the route as a workout
- "Start workout" to use the route on the app. Warning: This will use up a lot (if not all) of your battery and data if you trackyour workout for the entire ride.
- The Irish Pub Tour de Shore route will be saved in your account under "Routes" you can access it at any time by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner, which will open a list of pages. Select "routes" and you will find the Tour de Shore Route under "Bookmarked"